Introduction to FMEAs
Supervisors and managers who oversee people doing FMEAs.
Time To Complete
1 hour (0.1 CEUs)
About the Course
This online training introduces learners to the basic concepts of conducting a Failure Mode and Effects Analysis. It is ideal for managers and supervisors who oversee teams responsible for conducting FMEAs, but who will not be actually serving on the FMEA team. Follows FMEA guidelines provided in AIAG’s FMEA 4th Edition. For more in-depth, step-by-step training on how to conduct Design and Process FMEAs please see our other online FMEA training courses.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Describe what an FMEA is and why FMEAs are used.
- Explain the differences between a Design-FMEA and a Process-FMEA.
- Define how an FMEA helps identify risks, prioritizes the risks relative to one another, and focuses efforts on an action plan to reduce the risks.
- Apply criteria to assemble and effective FMEA team.
- List the 10 steps used to conduct an FMEA.
- Explain how the standard FMEA Analysis Worksheet is used to organize data and present the findings of an FMEA study.
- Lesson 1 – What is an FMEA?
- Lesson 2 – The Purpose of an FMEA
- Lesson 3 – Adding Value with FMEAs
- Lesson 4 – Types of FMEAs
- Lesson 5 – The FMEA Process
- Lesson 6 – Assembling an FMEA Team
- Lesson 7 – Best Practices