Introduction to AIAG-VDA FMEAs
Quality Professionals, Engineers and Managers in the automotive sector who need to understand the 2019 AIAG-VDA FMEA Process.
Time To Complete
3 hour (0.3 CEUs)
About the Course
This online training introduces learners to the basic concepts of conducting a Failure Mode and Effects Analysis based on the 2019 AIAG-VDA FMEA methodology. It is ideal for quality professionals, engineers and managers in the automotive sector who need to understand the 2019 AIAG-VDA FMEA Process. The training follows FMEA guidelines provided in the 2019 AIAG-VDA FMEA Handbook, 1st Edition. For more in-depth, step-by-step training on how to conduct Design and Process FMEAs please see our other online FMEA training courses.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Describe what an FMEA is and why FMEAs are used.
- Explain the differences between a Design-FMEA and a Process-FMEA.
- Define how an FMEA helps identify risks, prioritizes the risks relative to one another, and focuses efforts on an action plan to reduce the risks.
- Apply criteria to assemble and effective FMEA team.
- List the 7 steps used to conduct an AIAG-VDA FMEA.
- Explain how the FMEA Analysis Worksheet is used to organize data and present the findings of an FMEA study.
- Lesson 1 | What is an FMEA?
- Lesson 2 | Purposes of FMEAs
- Lesson 3 | Adding Value with FMEAs
- Lesson 4 | Types of FMEAs
- Lesson 5 | The FMEA Process
- Lesson 6 | Assembling an FMEA Team
- Lesson 7 | Best Practices for Conducting FMEAs