Design engineers, product managers, marketing and customer service personnel.
Time To Complete
6 hours (0.6 CEUs)
About the Course
AIAG-VDA Design-FMEAs (DFMEA) online training provides step-by-step instructions on how to conduct Design FMEAs using the 2019 AIAG-VDA methodology. Learners completing this training will be able to effectively participate on a DFMEA team and make immediate contributions to quality and productivity improvement efforts. This training is specifically focused on Design FMEAs. It follows FMEA guidelines provided in the AIAG-VDA FMEA Handbook, 1st Edition.
This training is for people who will participate on FMEA teams.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Explain the purpose of conducting a DFMEA.
- Explain the methodology of the AIAG-VDA DFMEA process.
- Use the 5 T’s to plan and prepare for a DFMEA study.
- Work though each step of the 7 steps for conducting a DFMEA.
- Use the DFMEA Analysis Worksheet to document the results of the study.
- Customize the Severity, Occurrence and Detection Ranking Scales.
- Use the results of a DFMEA to trigger continuous improvement.
AIAG-VDA Design-FMEAs Training
- Lesson 1 | Why Conduct DFMEAs
- Lesson 2 | Brief History of FMEAs
- Lesson 3 | Overview of the DFMEA Process
- Lesson 4 | System Analysis (Steps 1, 2 & 3)
- Lesson 5 | Failure Analysis and Risk Mitigation (Steps 4, 5 & 6)
- Lesson 6 | Communication (Step 7)
- Lesson 7 |Introduction to FMEAs for Monitoring & System Response (FMEA-MSR)
- Lesson 8 | Helpful Tips