Design engineers, product managers, marketing and customer service personnel.
Time To Complete
4 hours (0.4 CEUs)
About the Course
AIAG-VDA FMEA-MSRs (Supplemental FMEAs for Monitoring and System Response) online training provides step-by-step instructions on how to conduct FMEA-MSRs using the 2019 AIAG-VDA methodology. Learners completing this training will be able to effectively participate on a team tasked to conduct an FMEA-MSR and make immediate contributions to quality and productivity improvement efforts. This training follows FMEA-MSR guidelines provided in the AIAG-VDA FMEA Handbook, 1st Edition.
This training is for people who will participate on DFMEA and FMEA-MSR teams.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Explain the purpose of conducting an FMEA-MSR and how it is related to a DFMEA.
- Explain the methodology of the AIAG-VDA FMEA-MSR process.
- Use the 5 T’s to plan and prepare for an FMEA-MSR study.
- Work though each step of the 7 steps for conducting an FMEA-MSR.
- Use the FMEA-MSR Analysis Worksheet to document the results of the study.
- Customize the Severity, Frequency and Monitoring/System-Response Ranking Scales.
- Use the results of an FMEA-MSR to continue to reduce risk.
AIAG-VDA FMEA-MSR Training
- Lesson 1 | Why Conduct FMEA-MSRs and How They Fit with DFMEAs
- Lesson 2 | Overview of the FMEA-MSR Process
- Lesson 3 | System Analysis (Steps 1, 2 & 3)
- Lesson 4 | Failure Analysis and Risk Mitigation (Steps 4, 5 & 6)
- Lesson 5 | Communication (Step 7)
- Lesson 6 | Helpful Tips